Debriefing EventsPosted: June 10, 2011
I’m trying something kinda new this summer. I just started a spreadsheet where I can individually debrief each event. I list the turnout and any thoughts for the event.
For instance, we just had a high school pool party tonight. Some of my thoughts from this event:
- We had a good turnout – about 40% of our average Sunday student attendance.
- We had no new freshmen show up – that’s not good.
- In the future, I need to email our adult leaders encouraging them to come (none were there).
- We had a jr. high event that ended up the same weekend pulling some of the new freshmen guys.
- The big WIN of the night was seeing students connecting with each other. We need to do more low-key relational events like this.
I’m hoping that tracking stuff like this immediately after the event will help me as I do planning and evaluation. It’s tough to remember exactly how a event went a few months later. And it’s also tough to see what the factors were that made the event what they were if they aren’t recorded immediately.